Saturday, November 24, 2012

Book Vending Machines???

Yes you heard right, I said book vending machines. Why not? We have vending machines for just about everything, snacks, candy, toys, dvds ect. So why not one for books as well. It might be a great idea for us writers and authors to get our works out there to the world in places never dreamed of. In places that don't normally sell books, like trian stations, airports or even hospitals. Espcially for hospitals, I know that I would certianly enjoy seeing one at the hospitals. Who knows, it might be another step in to selling books.

What do you all think? Do you think the publishing industry will invest in these book vending machines like the movie indusrty did?





6 comments:

  1. I don't know, but I think it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a wonderful idea. We should push for this, drop a note about it here and there. I've had to push for so many other ideas, and it has worked... So let's start blogging about it, discussing it in groups and writing about it and the next thing you know, There will be your first vending machine with our books inside. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some of the articles I've read dealing with the people who created the novel idea vending machines had started doing this somewhere in Australia. But unfortunately it didn't do so well there and the company tanked. Have no fear, I've also read other articles where a small publishing company in Germany that had converted an old vending machine from the 40's or 50's into one. so there are always the possiblity of it coming to reality. :D

      Delete
  3. It's a good idea, but I don't think it will catch on. A paper book cannot be loaned as many times as a DVD can be rented. What this would translate to is loaning e-book and Amazon has already started doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I was taling more about selling the books more than I was about renting them out.

      Delete