Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspiration For Writing

In the interview that I did back in Feb. I said that my Creative Writing teacher had said that there is inspiration all around us when it comes to writing. In many ways it is true, there is inspiration around us, and they can come in many ways and forms. For instance it can come from observing people in a setting, or just an idea or from some other form.

I'll give you an example: I'm currently doing research for another series I'm comming up with, yes I know I'm currently writing the Dylan Knight Series and I haven't even done my finishing touches on the first book Rush Against Time but that does not mean that I can put aside the inspiration for this project. Getting back to point, the inspiration for these series came from a series of dreams that I had for the past week and they seem to not stop. It is these dreams that I'm talking about for Inspiration for a story or for a series of books. This is just one type of inspiration people can have for their writing.

Many others can include a scene from a movie, book or in real life. Another can be from nature like leaves falling during the fall months. The inspiration can be from different places, some known (like the latter), and some that can just creep up on you without you actually see it. What ever the reason for the story or book, find or not find your inspiration, act upon it. You may not know where it may lead you in the future.

Happy writing everyone.

To read the interview done back on Feb. 26th, click here:
Interview with Greg Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment