Friday, February 24, 2012

Outrage!!!!

ealier today, I came across and article that really ticked me off. Here is the link to the article (I suggest that you read it before you continue reading this post. You will get a better view as to why I am so angry with these people):http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104358/Simon-Burgess-drowned-firemen-refused-wade-3ft-deep-lake-health-safety-rules.html

I'm sorry but this should be not be acceptable in any country. I find it to be outrageous!!!! I live in a rural area 20 miles south east of a small town and in out area we have volunteer rescue workers, including fire fighters. It's their job to save peoples lives not matter how deep the water is. It's almost like a figh fighter saying, we can't go in there and get them out because of 'health and safety regulations.' It's their jobs to save people's lives for crying out loud!!!!! We don't have special water rescue units in the area and we have to rely on what we have, out volunteer fire fighters are jacks of all trades, if a water rescue is required, they do it because the nearst place that has a water rescue unit is more that an hours drive away. So time is crucial, they go in and do it. Regaurdless of the risks to themselves. And from the looks of the photos in the article, it's WAIST DEEP!!!!! I don't know but is this the sign of the times, are our rescue workers going to start refusing to save someones life because of heath and safety regulations? Lord help up if it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment