Friday, September 28, 2012

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

From when I was a kid, there was one story out of all the ghost stories that I liked the most (Even if it did scare the crap out of me.) and it was called The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. The first time I fell in love with the story was when my dad bought a VHS of the disney's version of the story. Since that time, I believe there have been many reincarntions of the legend, either by the big screen or the small screen. There are so many of them that I can't keep up with them all so here are a few of the ones that I like the most about the Legend... We're starting off with the one I've mention before and that's the Disny's version of the Legend....



 
 




One thing is for certian, no matter how many reincarntions of the Legend comes our way. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving will always be one of those ghostly stories that will stand the test of time and will never change. So that leaves me one more thing say...

Always remember to heed the warnings of gut instincts while out riding at night... If you hair stands on end when you hear a noise in the bushes next to you or if you hear more than just the fall of horse's hooves hitting the ground below... Take off running to the nearest bridge and never look back for you just might loose your head.

2 comments:

  1. The Disney cartoon will forever be the best (at least in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it certianly is and it will forever be one of those Disney's timeless cartoons that generations will love. :) Well, maybe, you know how kids are these days...

      Delete